Автор Тема: Questions to snooker Coach from Sheffield, Alan Trigg  (Прочитано 109848 раз)

Оффлайн Frost

• Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #105 : 24 Март, 2010, 16:30 »
Alan, I was your student only for 4 hours, but I think I improved as much, as 40 hours practice myself.
It is great experience for me and I planning to be your student next time for the longer term.
At your lesson I broke all my "technic" (If only I had it  :shuffle: ) and It was very hard ((. But next day I recognized that my shot became stronger and more accurate.
Thanks!
Best whishes!

Оффлайн Frost

• Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #106 : 24 Март, 2010, 16:37 »
Next month I will go to New Zealand for couple of months and will have an opportunity to practice with Wyn Belmont in Auckland and  I planning to take part in B-grade competition (as my brother said - it's like average level of belorusian players), but before it I will practice, practice and practice!  :roof:

Оффлайн Сергей

• Администратор
    • Просмотр профиля
    • SNOOKER.BY
« Ответ #107 : 24 Март, 2010, 18:11 »
...  (as my brother said - it's like average level of belorusian players), ...
How did he know about our level?  :)
Кто хочет - ищет возможности, кто не хочет - ищет причины.

Оффлайн Frost

• Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #108 : 24 Март, 2010, 22:38 »
...  (as my brother said - it's like average level of belorusian players), ...
How did he know about our level?  :)

I know. And I told him about it )
« Последнее редактирование: 24 Март, 2010, 22:46 от Frost »

Nick

• Гость
« Ответ #109 : 02 Июль, 2010, 13:27 »
Hello, Alan, my name is Nick and I'm a neophyte snooker addict with some Russian pyramid background. I practice as often as possible - about 2 hours a day 5 times a week even though there is a little chance for me to ever turn professional since I started playing very late (I'm 29). Nevertheless, snooker is something I cannot imagine my life without now.

My question concerns the etiquette of snooker, the way two players at a table behave during a match or a practice game. There are some well known rules based on mutual respect like handshakes in the beginning and the end of a session, keeping out of the line of shot while an opponent is aiming, etc. But there is a situation where I'm not sure about the conventional way to react. When I play with guys I sometimes hear them snapping their fingers, or knocking on the table rail or even pounding their cue against the floor when I make a particularly successful shot (tough pot or safety). I figure this is a way of expressing their approval, but are there some conventional ways to do it? Is this considered a good practice at all?
Thank you in advance!

Оффлайн Сергей

• Администратор
    • Просмотр профиля
    • SNOOKER.BY
« Ответ #110 : 02 Июль, 2010, 13:34 »
Nick, it will be better if you send your question to this E-mail: <alantrigg@hotmail.com:smoke:

Он редко сюда заходит  :confused:
Кто хочет - ищет возможности, кто не хочет - ищет причины.

Оффлайн Hacker 147

• Snooker is my philosophy
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #111 : 12 Июль, 2010, 18:35 »
Hey Alan, we are all looking forward for your future visits to Minsk. Your wisdom is a lot of help. Even looking from aside is helpful to find common errors in someones technique.
And that's the way the cookie crumbles.  :smoke:

Оффлайн Alan

• Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #112 : 22 Октябрь, 2010, 22:48 »
hello neophyte snooker addict, concerning etiquette on and around the snooker table, the simple answer to this, is that it is different in each country. In England where i grew up and learned snooker it was appropriate to either bang the butt of your cue on the floor after a good shot or to tap the table, in other countries this is considered as bad manners, the first time i came across people clicking their fingers after a good shot was in Austria where i won the European championship (seniors) for the first time. So my advice is to learn what the locals do and copy. As for professional play, you are not allowed to talk to you opponent whilst in play (offically), i know many players do, it is up to the referees discretion, when a player is leaving the table after a good safety shot, you will see the oncoming player tap the table, this is considered good form, i hope that this answers your question.

Оффлайн Hacker 147

• Snooker is my philosophy
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #113 : 03 Июль, 2011, 12:18 »
Will Alan ever visit us again? :wave:
And that's the way the cookie crumbles.  :smoke: